Enroll - Educate - Execute - Graduate
Interesting college statistics:
- 49% of students are living at home in order to make college more affordable.
- 37% of parents report that their retirement savings is a lower priority than their children's education.
- As of 6/17, student loan debt exceeded $1.5Trillion, with indirect student loan debt far exceeding that number.
- Student loan debt among households has nearly tripled in the past 20 years, average balance: $37,000.
- The proportion of younger households with student loans has increased by more than 50% in the past 20 years.
- One out of three students is attending community college as their first step towards a bachelor's degree.
- 90% of families are expecting their student(s) to earn at least a bachelor's degree.
- When choosing a college, cost is the THIRD most important factor, after academic program and personal choice.
- 37% of students with loans defer saving for retirement and delay making other large purchases because of debt.
Sources: Sallie Mae, 'How America Pays for College 2016;' 529DASH 6/27/16 and 7/25/16;FRB 'Report on the economic Well-Being of US Households 2015, HelloWallet, "Two's a Crowd...3/16